You will need comfortable clothing, walking shoes, and a rain coat in case it rains on your way up. Check in at the gate and proceed with walking and hiking throughout the forest of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Mount Kilimanjaro is the top roof of Africa, reaching 5895 m. above sea level. It is a world heritage site and its outstanding features reach into three major volcanic centers:
- Shira in the west
- Mawenzi in the East
- Kibo in the center (snow-capped peak)
Experience the landscape and different vegetation. Monkeys can be seen and for birders this is the nice place for identifying different species of birds. The forest consists of elephant, leopard, buffalo, bush buck, the endangered Abbott's dicker, some small antelope, primates, and rodents and much much more..!
Depending on your fitness level, we will arrive at Mandara Hut for picnic lunch (three to four hours walking). After taking lunch, proceed walking to Maundi crater and later hike down to Marangu gate where our van will be waiting for you (two hours walking down).
Drive back to Moshi/ Arusha and arrive in the evening.
Included in the tour:
- All park entrance fees
- All transfers and Pick up
- Guaranteed departure.
- All Meals from start to completion
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking safari guide
- CompleComplimentaryed water and soft drinks while on game viewing.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request
NOT included in the tour
- Visa ($ 100 available at the airport upon arrival)
- International flights
- Guide Gratitude (recommended)
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not mentioned In the itinerary